The Newborn Date Guide
You got a solid six hours of sleep last night, waking to the realization that you and your partner have not had a date since the week before your adorable little sleep bandit arrived. You had so much fun three months ago at Bleubird Cafe eating the best local food ever, and now the thought of venturing out feels nerve-racking but leaving the baby with your mother-in-law for a few hours? No way!
Truth be told, it will be a hot second before you can get out on the town alone with your partner again. Quality time and entertainment are vital to your relationship and individuality, after all you are more than just parents, so here are five newborn friendly date activities to refresh your relationship and skip the babysitter:
- Take it to go - You’re craving lunch from Wild Root Cafe but a newborn meltdown, nursing in public, and germs all stress you out. Get your food to go! Boise is full of delicious local eateries that will prepare and package your food for the perfect date at Camel's Back Park or Quinn’s Pond. Skip the public stress and dine under an oak tree. We recommend you try the Indian Nachos at Wild root cafe but literally everything on their menu is mouth-watering delicious.
- Drive in Movie - Sounds so 90’s, right? Terrace Drive-In theater in Caldwell is still very much a thing! You heard Wonder Woman was badass and want to check it out - so do it! Give yourself room to roam if baby needs rocked, or sprawl out and cuddle on an air mattress in the back of your pickup. Be sure to pick-up a slice of deliciousness from Caldwell’s Keystone Pizza or a burger from Gem In & Out on your way!
- Watch the Sunset - Grab a Matcha Green Tea from The District Coffee House and head to Table Rock for a view of Boise’s one-of-a-kind sunset over The City of Trees. Don’t forget your Tula - wearing baby can allow you the freedom to move and find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy the view!
- Fancy Dinner for Two - Craving a romantic candle lit dinner with your partner? Make one at home. You can Pinterest a tasty recipe to make from scratch or skip the dishes and grab some Pad Thai & Spring Rolls To-Go from Mai Thai. Put on your favorite black dress & listen to Bon Iver, dim the lights, and enjoy the ambient mood with your partner.
- Stay-cation in Town - Need a vacation but don’t want to go far? Book a chic room The Modern Hotel - bubble bath, wine, balcony seating with an urban view of Boise, complimentary breakfast, mini bar with coffee & tea, an amazing hip restaurant downstairs, and a beautiful courtyard with evening firepits. Refresh and relax without the drive, you deserve it!
Don’t let adulting steal your flame -- keep dates a priority. Your relationship will thank you!